Frost


Comments

  1. Frost at times is even more beautiful than snow. These photos are those times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Erin. This was a magical morning. Lief Enger, a great MN writer (Peace Like a River), captured a few spectacular moments on video. Well worth a bedazzled watch. Here's the link:

    http://vimeo.com/36543256

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos, Emily! I love taking photos of frost, too. Magical is the perfect word to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, OMW. I'm guessing you saw the frost too the other morning. Reminded me of something out of a Tolkien novel... Glad to have another MNer here on LoCW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frost is fleeting, delicate, temporary but somehow very significant, beautiful, and long lasting in my cranium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine, too, Bill. Thanks, as always, for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite and delicate images, Emily, as lovely as your words. The first photo in particular really speaks to me, the mostly empty frame so resonant with light. The sparse branches and dim sun perfectly poised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that one, too, Julian. I played around with cropping, and I was surprised when I arrived at these dimensions by how much the emptiness in the frame still felt full.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love these images, Emily, for their poetic simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely. I don't know about where you live, but we had more frost than snow this winter in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sandy. It's been the same for us. For southern MN, we had (I should say HAVE, but I just can't bring myself to admit these 70' days might be a false spring) only one real snow storm. The frost has been lovely, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Boy

Sliding Doors: One Last Glance Toward Europe